Monday, August 22, 2005

wait ing for / fear

& so i am / terrible @ make ing
promises / / they never keep

much like i never keep / never sleep
all nite fits / of / i can't stay a sleep /
won't go under


so day breaks again / & st.ill air is warm
against my skin / & high haze of cloud
kills the sun / no shadows / only lawn mowers
on the golf course / only cars speed by
& sudden lee i am surround ed / by children

wake ing / eat ing / noise / oh the day is on
& now i'm in to a 2nd cuppa coffee

& i think / jeezus fuck / chest pain is back
as a centre point of dis traction /

& yesterday / my daughter sees a snake in the garden
only the second sighting in 5 years / / my blood runs cold
& it's my garden / i think / & i'm afraid to get down on my knees
place my hands among the weeds & tall grass / & my 10 year old promises
to find it & take it far away / / & i'm wondering how a woman my age
can find such a deep fear / heart st.ill ing / cold / hands numb /

& i'm think ing / i should water / ground is dry / & i wait for the
fear to pass




/

1 comment:

CSOC said...

Please explain... How can someone associated with 666poetry be afraid of snakes- I just dont get it....other than that, I very much enjoyed reading.