Tuesday, April 26, 2005

heart less / a job not done well at all

/





there are no words to describe where
your heart used to be


once / the finest streams
of sunlight moved through you

every thing was green & sparkle
blue of the waters edge




now your heart is a grey february evening
cold / filled with clouds of the heaviest kind
soft clay








i always hate the ground in winter
unyielding / frozen against the blade of my shovel /

in the dream / i dig holes for the dead
the ground is soft sand / warm brown / my shovel
slices through it / / i keep wondering why there are no rocks

how long must i dig / it is neither day nor night







who can see through such thick grey cloud














see / i've got this picture in my mind
of a mother drowning her daughter / / i can't stop her
it's like looking into a crystal ball / /


stop stop i yell / / she drowns all 5





how much pain did it take to kill your child


a lot

a whole lot of pain












& tho i walk through the valley of crazy


fear of the water / take your children to the water
holy baptismal of water / / before the eyes of god
hold your child under the water


& you know / / there 's a struggle
there has to be / / one does not go before the hand of god
with out a struggle















& see / i can't see a thing / it's much too black in side here
too black in side the brain / & she remembers when you loved her






this is the story of pain / & tho we dwell in the house of the lord

we will fear

we will fear

we will fear






love









& the rash on my arms spreads like my anger / my apathy
my mounting frustration / of lost / time moving unbearably fast







what is completion / a job well done






turn to the sun / & with 2 hands
tear your chest open / wide / let the pulse of your guts
feel the breeze of spring / a live / you are alive








& tho i walked through the winter of darkess

i can feel no evil / / / frozen time less















*



wind moved dust in swirls across the street
it might on any other day / make me move a little
quicker up the stairs / climb away to hide / / there was
some thing about the way the sky turned bluer when i turn my
cheek for you to kiss / on any other day i might have wondered why








/











*

2 comments:

Erin said...

it's envisioning the struggle that gets me.

I can't imagine the pain, or the darkness.
I know I know, this is about a play or something else entirely but for me it isn't.
Love you
~E

666poetry-finchnot said...

e / so much of this is about me / i've stood on the edge / this is a theme that comes up over & over for me / / it saddens me beyond belief every time i hear these things / i wrote this for jon