Friday, October 13, 2006

the weight of my / day


& i open & close this box
one million times




i'd rather smoke & feel the pain
of rib twist ing / i take 600 mg of ibuprofen
& hope for sleep / not too much heavy ness




& i'm fear ing / it might just be true
we really are / just in side our heads

heart play ing the function of / beat beat
let me keep you / a live / what a line
oh heart of my heart / /






& i fall in to / the dread ed script a gain
i love it there / a play of words / a play
on words / what could be / more wicked


except for / i lost the long ing a gain
it curl ed up / died / so to speak



i wait ed for music to land on my words
but / they didn't / i tried / patience
wait ing / oh / yes / i've been wait ing

but / all is / silent / this black sky
winter come ing nite / / oh / but the
stars are clear / twinkle twinkle

& in the other room / my bed
a child sleeps / heavy small body

can't lift / my baby any more / these
arms have lift ed / lift ed / oh what is
this weight up on / my shoulders / my back

No comments: